If you are making payment by Direct Deposit, please enter your (USER NAME &/OR ORDER NUMBER) as the payment reference so that we can match your payment to your order.
Direct Deposit Payment Information:
Bank: National Australia bank
Account Name: Sewing Machines Australia
Account Number: 591003042
STANDARD "2 YEAR MOTOR & 2 YEAR MACHINE Warranty"
SMA K6 Heavy-Duty Walking Foot Industrial Sewing Machine for Horse Rug Machinery
SMA K6 is based on the popular Singer 132 K6 Industrial Sewing Machine that we all know has been serving the industry for the past 50 years and is our NO.1 selling and most user-friendly Industrial Sewing Machine for the Equine Industry. If you are looking to repair anything from light mesh rugs through to 10mm leather materials such as bridles, stirrups and all types of horse rugs and their straps, then this is the machine for you.
The SMA K6 is easy to use, can be operated by beginner sewers and comes with an easy to follow instruction manual backed by technical phone support. Here at Sewing Machines Australia (SMA) we understand that the Equine Industry can be "messy" and that your horse rugs and equipment will not always be in pristine condition for repair. This machine will handle anything you throw at it, there is no need to wash and clean your gear before you repair it. The K6 has no oil bath which eliminates the dirt from the rug mixing with the oil and together with its high-quality makeup allows for less servicing requirements. If you are running a business or require quick and easy horse rug and equipment repairs at home then this is the machine for you.
This machine comes as a complete unit with a locally made, top of the range custom built plywood bench, and fully adjustable powder coated stand and a powerful motor. Accessories included are extra bobbins, needles, screwdrivers, clippers, oil bottle, instruction and parts manual.
SMA offers easy 24 hour online parts ordering.
A very reliable & serious commercial machine for those wanting to repair their own rugs or start a rug repair business and want the peace of mind of a machine that only requires servicing every 2 years.
- Application: Heavy-Duty (From 1 layer of canvas to 3 thicknesses of harness leather)
- Maximum Sewing Speed: 1200 spm
- Maximum Stitch Length: 13mm
- Presser Foot Lift: Hand 13mm, Knee Controlled 13mm
- Alternate Presser Foot Lift: 4~6mm
- Timing Feed Length: Max stroke is more than 13mm
- Hook: Extra Large Hook
- Needle: 214x1#22/140~26/230
- Lubrication: Lubricated by Hand
Download the brochure (HERE)
What they're saying about the SMA-K6
"I have been in the industry for 27 years ... repairing horse rugs and doing general canvas work ... I am extremely pleased with the machine."
"We love your machine! You can quote our operator, as saying it’s “Powerful, dependable, heavy duty, very user-friendly and a joy to use!”
"More than impressed with the performance of this machine and it's reliability. The SMA-K6 has performed over and above its expectations."
- Piping Feet
- Half Foot
- 1HP Electronic Servo Motor
- Electronic Needle Positioning
- Pneumatic Foot Lift
Why Choose SMA?
- The difference is … our people, products, service and value
- This has been a proven workhorse since 2003 with many trade references available
- Standard Japanese hook and bobbin case
- FREE swing-away binding arm to save many hours of manual work
- FREE binding reel holder
- A range of binding sizes available
- Full 2 YEAR Warranty for both Machine and Motor
- 36mm high-quality plywood table made locally in Melbourne with matching wood drawer
- Fully adjustable, powder coated steel frame for both height and pedal comfort